Northern Illinois SHRM (NISHRM) is just one of more than 575 local SHRM affiliated chapters across the United Sates. Membership in NISHRM is separate and apart from membership in SHRM.
We encourage you to become a member of both!
NISHRM offers four categories of membership:
- Individual Professional Member
- Transition Members
- Student Members
- Honorary Members
Individual Professional Members
For those individuals who are engaged as one or more of the following:
- Practioneers of human resources mangement;
- Individuals that hold an HR certification recognized by SHRM;
- Faculty members holding an assistant, associate or full professor rank in human resource management or any of its specialized functions at an accredited college of university;
- Full-time consultants practicing in the field of human resource management; and/or
- Attorneys with experience in counseling and advising clients on matters relating to the human resource profession.
Professional members may vote and hold office in the Chapter.
2017 Professional Member Dues: $95.00 2017 Professional Member Dues (Retired): $50.00
Companies with larger HR departments can access an annual professional membership at a 60% savings when three (3) HR professionals from the same organization join using the Corporate Membership Application.
2017 Corporate Dues (Members 1, 2 & 3): $175.00; each additional member: $50.00
A member in good standing at the time of retirement from any firm, organization or institution may be elected to Honorary membership by a vote of the Board when the member is deemed to be outstanding in the field of human resources management, operations or research. He/she shall be entitled to all privileges of regular membership except the right to vote or hold office in the Chapter. There shall be no annual dues applicable to this category of membership.
Transition membership is available to human resources professionals who are unemployed and actively seeking a full-time, HR-related position. The member must be unemployed at the time of application and may accept short-term contract assignments or project work (90 days or less). Once a Transition member accepts employment in an HR-related role within an organization, a long-term contract assignment with a single organization, or opens a firm offering HR services, the Transition membership expires. The individual may then continue Chapter participation through an individual professional membership.
Transition members may vote and hold office in the Chapter.
2017 Transition Member Dues: $50.00
Student membership shall be for those individuals who are:
- Enrolled either as full-time or part-time students;
- Enrolled in the equivalent of at least six (6) credit hours;
- Enrolled in a four-year or graduate institution or a two-year community college; and/or
- Able to provide verification of a demonstrated emphasis in human resource management subjects.
Student members must be able to provide verification of the college or university’s human resources or related degree program. Student members may not vote or hold office in the Chapter.
2017 Student Member Dues: $30.00
Non-transferability of Membership
NISHRM is an individual membership organization. Membership is neither transferable nor assignable to other company personnel even though your company may sponsor the membership. It is important you keep your membership profile up to date.
New members shall be afforded full membership rights for twelve (12) months from the end of the month when the membership application and payment is processed. Membership dues is non-refundable.
There are two options available for payment:
- Company or Personal Check—Complete the NISHRM Individual or Corporate Membership Application and mail it with the check to: NISHRM, P.O. Box 895, Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Pay via Credit Card—Click on the PayPal link that matches your membership category. Print and complete the NISHRM Individual or Corporate Membership Application and mail it to the mailing address above. The e-payment will be matched to your application upon receipt
If you have additional questions about NISHRM membership, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.